OK, so I said I was going to post more often but it just hasn't happened. Currently I have 2 stacks of papers staring me in the face (yes, papers DO stare for those of you who don't teach - more adequately they BORE A HOLE INTO YOUR WILL TO LIVE until you grade them!), I have 2 baskets of laundry to fold, 3 buckets of baby clothes to sort and wash, as well as a dishwasher to empty, a catbox to clean out and a 3 year old to pick up from daycare. But, for you, my loyal bleaders (blog-readers), I will postpone all this- and blog.
Nothing has really been happening lately. Still gestating. BTW - I'm done being pregnant. Maybe not forever, Andy and I might have one more kidlet in us, but I'm definitely done with this pregnancy. I have hit full-blown pod-stage. For those of you who haven't been pregnant, this is the point at which your body is truly no longer your own. All food and drink is consumed purely for the bambino b/c you can't fit enough into your squashed stomach to really call it a meal. All water is drunk, not to quench thirst, but to stave off swelling. All sleep is done on the left side of the body not b/c it's comfortable but b/c it aids circulation for the kiddo so that you don't wake up with the lower half of your body completely numb. Getting up from the couch is a 2-person operation. (Andy has gone so far as to even suggest building a pulley system to put in the living room for the last month of my pregnancies. Now that we're on #3, he truly regrets not doing so when we were having Emma.) Bending over is impossible to do without embarrassing noises or horribly awkward squatting positions. Bathroom trips # in the teens every day. In my opinion: officially time to pop out the boy! Too bad I've got about 3 more weeks. Arghh.
We have the furniture in Jackson's room and it is put together. We are currently trying to find a good, inexpensive crib mattress as ours was destroyed in the Fayetteville/Tallahassee Moving Debacle of 2007. (BTW - we still haven't found the PlayStation 2 or any of the DVD cases that were packed away with it. A moment of silence, please, while Andy mourns the loss of his video game system.)
Emma bought me a bookcase for Christmas so I feel that we are finally, officially moved into the house b/c I have books in my living room. Home just isn't home without your books, you know?For those of you that know me, I had to pare down my collection tremendously since we went from an entire wall of built-ins to one, 5-shelf bookcase. I'm even taking some books to the used bookstore to sell. GASP. I feel good about it though. It's time to let them go. (deep breath) Still sad that all my classroom books are hanging out in storage by themselves but after a tremendous effort by my wonderful husband, there is still room in the storage unit for our Christmas stuff as well as my school stuff. He is the master of this adult version of Tetris.
Still trying to get 8 weeks of sub plans together. For those of you who don't teach, you'll have no idea what this entails. For those of you who do - pray for me. The other day, I actually thought about putting this in the plans: Do nothing today. That way when the kids who are absent come back and ask, "I was gone yesterday - did we do anything?" you can honestly say "no". Seriously though, I have a fairly decent idea of what will be taught while I'm gone and praise all the deities I know of that the person I got to sub is a former 8th grade teacher. Thankfully she's agreed to grade everything while I'm out so that I don't have to do it. What a blessing.
On that note, gotta go work on lesson plans and avoid those glaring papers. Later.
1 comment:
Debbie and I comiz with you about the glaring papers. Avoid making "eye" contact until the last minute.
Post a Comment