After almost 3 weeks of neither Andy nor I working, we are bored. I realize that this goes against everything that I normally stand for but it's true. Even Emma is ready for a change. We went touring daycare sites last week and when we were leaving the first one, she started to cry as if I had just told her our DVD player was broken and screamed: "I don't want to go home. I want to stay at school. I want to play toys with kids. I want to stay at school!" Needless to say, she's ready to have a little more structure.
We did go to the beach today. I forgot the camera of course. We bought a disposable camera and did take some pictures but I won't be able to post them. She was really excited and insisted on being in the water the ENTIRE time. Did she want to do any of the swimming? No, of course not you fools. Andy or I had to be holding her or helping her bounce in her floaties the entire time. We barely had time to put on our own sunscreen as she blazed down the beach toward the water. She then of course ran screaming from the waves back up to the tent like she was being chased by giant brussell sprouts. So, Andy and I are exhausted, slightly sunburned and Emma stayed up until 9:30. It was a good day though. She had so much fun and it was great to watch her experience the ocean like that.
1 comment:
Post a Comment