Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Panties, Furniture and Fingerprints.

There's a lot going on here. This post will be wacky. Gimme a break - in case you haven't noticed we've got a lot going on: toddlers, weddings, packing and moving!

Huzzah! It's finally happened. I never thought I would see the day but, we are officially potty-trained. By "we" I mean Emma, of course. I have been potty-trained since 2 1/2 and Andy's been house trained for a while now. Emma has been wearing "big girl panties" since last Thursday with success. She has come home in the same panties she had on when she went to school since Friday. So many people have told me that one day it would "just click". It appears that we're "clicking". Now, you realize, that I have just cursed us. I'm sure that she will promptly begin wetting herself as soon as she gets up in the morning. She's still wearing diapers at night and pull-ups during the day but it seems we are done with daytime wetness. Excuse me while I get down on my knees and thank God, Allah, the Supreme Being, all others whose names I called upon during the past 4 months and most of all...Pampers.

In other news, I am trying to buy new furniture for our new house. I want a new kitchen table and new tables for our living room. We will also need a TV table since our new home does NOT have a huge masterpiece of built-in bookshelves. I've been online, I've been to furniture stores (I do not recommend furniture shopping with a toddler - just trust me, you don't want to do it...EVER), I've thought about repainting/restaining/resurfacing my own tables. This is a dilemma. I am not crafty. At all. So any kind of DYI project is out. Now I just need to decide on what I want and where to get it from. If you've got spare time, take a look at my WishList at target.com: feel free to weigh in on the options there.

In a completely unrelated furniture story, I have officially cleaned out my classroom. How does one accrue so much stuff over 7 years? Not to mention that I don't have copious storage space in my classroom. I was amazed at my hording ability. When I started unpacking my storage cabinet, things popped out of crevices like they had been trained by Chinese circus contortionists. It took 3 trips in Andy's Explorer, a kind-hearted soul who brought all 6 of my bookcases to our home and 2 duffel bags to get all my crap here. We'll have to rent a U-haul just for my classroom junk. On top of all of that, I am not even certain I will have a classroom in the fall. Lincoln is rennovating and since I'm low man on the ladder, I could be pushing a rolly-cart come August. Sheesh.

Lastly, now that I'm officially verbally hired at Lincoln High School, they must complete my background check. I am going to have to fly to Tallahassee next week, alone (again, with the flying - these people have it in for me) and get my fingerprints and paperwork filed in the Leon County school district office. I'm excited about the job - I just hope the excitement is enough to help me make it on and off 4 more planes.

Barring any arrests for felonies while in Houston for Jay's nuptials, I should be gainfully employed (on paper) and finished with most of our packing within the next 10 days. Perhaps I should begin praying to the aforementioned dieties again, eh?

No comments: