Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Bedtime banter

-circa 8:15pm, 35+ minutes of peace and quiet
(something's brewing...8:43pm)
-sit on chair, Mama
-I want Simba
-I want my covers
-I want my frog covers
-I want my pink covers
-I want my frog covers
-I WANT COVERS
-I NO WANT COVERS
-SIT ON CHAIR, MAMA
(Big girls use nice voices)
-sit on chair, Mama
-leave door open
-close door
-leave door open
-close door
-I WANT DADDY
(are you screaming?)
-I want Daddy
-I want, I want, I want [pant, pant, blood-curdling scream]
-my basket's broke
-I need to change my diaper
-my peepee's coming out
-sit on chair, Mama
[E turns on side and closes eyes, effectively ending the game, 9:08pm]
Punctuate the previous with lots of repetitive screaming of above phrases, choking, guttural noises and 27 door openings followed by 27 trips back to bed and you'll have the recipe for bedtime bliss at Casa de Mauk. Sigh.

1 comment:

Janet Mauk said...

Emma is still the most perfect child.