Sunday, June 3, 2007

Down with goodbyes

Our good, good friends, Scott and Mary Kathryn Moeller came to Fayetteville this weekend to say goodbye. We went to one of our favorite places, ate white cheese dip, had a few drinks and way too much food. What is it about emotional situations that makes me think it is absolutely necessary that I single-handedly devour an entire bowl of cheese dip? This is also part of the curse of being so close to MK. Things are never real until I tell her about them. This weekend when she said, "So I guess this is the last time I'll come visit you at this house," I almost lost it. I don't how I'm going to handle only being able to see her once or twice a year. Thank God for the phone and email.

Besides being emotionally unbalanced anyway due to leaving my first adult home, getting a new job, facing volutary poverty for the next four years - I then have to endure saying goodbye to all my friends and my very best friend. I guess it's not really saying goodbye since I will still get to talk to them and see them when we come back to AR. It's just not the same as only being 3 hours away. I don't really know what to say except that the closer we get to moving, the sadder I get. I'm told it's just part of life. Well, this "leaving" part of life sucks.

No comments: