Today was the last day of classes with students and my last official day of "teaching" at SWJH. We still have to go back on Monday to pack up, which really means PACKING for me. I have most of my classroom library books boxed up but I still have my teaching materials in my cabinet to pack and my desk junk.
My fellow teachers have been really great. They threw me a good-bye pot-luck. Then a small group took me out to dinner last night. On Monday, another teacher is throwing a dinner party at her house. I feel pretty unworthy of all the attention. I feel so grateful to have worked there despite all the hoopla of last spring. Mostly, I just appreciate the friends I've made and the teaching experience.
Which, I assume, helped me get my new job! Last night at the end of the dinner, the principal from Lincoln High School in East Tallahassee called. I was amazed; it was 9:25 here so it was past 10 in Florida. So she offered me the job. I'll be teaching juniors and possibly sophomores or freshmen. I'm excited to be doing something new and hopeful that older students my present less of a parental hurdle.
21 days and counting until we move out! Iwill not panic...I will not panic...I will not panic.
3 comments:
HURRAH!!!
You got the job!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
We need to talk soon!
Congrats! Sucks that you're moving to FL and I'm moving back to AR! Brand new NEWS FLASH. We'll have to chat!
Post a Comment