Saturday, June 16, 2007

Cupcake Craziness




We here at the Mauk house have been elbow-deep in yellow cake mix, broken eggs and laughter. This afternoon, when my sleeping angel wakes up from her nap, we will be traveling to the local park for her pre-move birthday celebration. In my infinite wisdom, I decided to make cupcakes - easy, individual treats for each child. (In reality, the cake lady who has done all the cakes for E's previous birthdays is out of town - but I enjoy attributing the cupcake idea to my genius rather than a "Plan B" type occurence) She is so excited about her party. I am terrified. 7 children under the age of 5, pizza, juice boxes, cupcakes and large playground equipment. It sounds like a recipe for a trip to the emergency room for someone. Let's hope it's not me. Daddy, of course, is otherwise engaged at Juneteenth for the U of A. Not his fault really - Juneteenth is roughly the same time each year. Apparently, according to Andy, this is my fault for scheduling her birthday pre-move. Rationally, he has a point. However, you wives and mothers out there know that regardless of how logical his argument, Andy is wrong. Sorry babe, you should be used to this by now. Nonetheless, I wanted to post some photos of the cupcake baking experience a la Emma. She's just like her Mama, licking her fingers through the entire process. That's my girl!

No comments: