Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Packing Hell

I am in packing hell. It is hell for several reasons the foremost being that our A/C is broken. Who knew? The house has been sold for about 20 days, and our A/C was hit by lightning (they think) over the weekend while we were at Jay's wedding. Apparently the entire electrical circuit board is black and charred. They (the 2 scary, hillbilly type repair guys) hope to get the OK to fix it tomorrow. Too bad I'm going to be winging my way across the southern US tomorrow when said repair guys might be able to fix the A/C. Hopefully Andy will be able to meet the repair guys or one of the new owners can meet them.

Jay's wedding was a lot of fun. The new photo of the Fam is from the rehearsal. Emma did a great job as the flower girl. I think the ceremony itself last about 20 minutes. Jay and Linds were ready to be married. The reception was a blast - it goes without saying that a musician would choose a good band. The food was great too. There was a tent and Emma and Hudson danced together and it was really cute. Andy's parents were amazing - they kept up with her the entire weekend and took over as surrogate parents. We couldn't have done it without them. Emma loved having them at her beck and call all weekend.

Now to the packing part of the hell: I finished packing up all the non-essentials in Emma's room today. The purse count stands at 47. FORTY-SEVEN! So this is a message to all friends and family - STOP BUYING EMMA PURSES. Also, stop buying stuffed animals. As it stands, we have 3 boxes full of nothing but stuffed animals. I believe they have been breeding in the corners of Emma's room and closet and creating more stuffed animals. So, if you can keep away from gifts of stuffed animals, purses, stuffed animals that are also purses (Mom and MK) that would greatly be appreciated. In fact, clothing or food would be great gifts for this birthday as that would be easiest for us to pack and trasport to FL. Since we're having her party before we leave, those of you who will see us in FL after we move, it would be great if you would keep the gifts until then.

This has been a public service announcement from your Friendly Neighborhood, Slightly Mad, Sweating Toddler Mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, 47 purses!!! who is giving her all those purses??? i have not had 47 purses in my lifetime and you know how old i am, by the way...this IS emily from CA and i'm NOT moving back to AR, HA! good luck with the packing reagan! :)

Janet Mauk said...

well, I just want to know if it was consensual sex or what?? You gotta watch those animals, they breed, breed, breed. who knows what was going on after dark? no wonder poor, sweet Emma couldn't sleep, all the noise and all.

I KNOW IT WASN'T ME WHO BOUGHT 3 BOXES OF STUFFED ANIMALS AND 47 PURSES, but I do my share to make sure your daughter is properly spoiled. that's what grandparents are for. TOO MUCH!! been there and done that. eventually, she will get into BIG GIFTS like plasma tv's, cars, shoes and OH MY GOD! MAKEUP!! HA!

ldck said...

Well, it has been awhile since I have checked in. Life with children...busy and chaotic! But life with children, moving, and a new job on the horizon...hell! But congrats to you on the new job. The house looks great! And the hell is almost over. More importantly yahoo! for dry and clean panties!

We will be in Arkansas just before you depart and we'd love to see you too. However, I know you must have many people to connect with. I will call you to see if we can make it happen! Talk to you soon! Continued wishes for an easy transition! Thinking of you often! Lisa