My daughter is so cute! I might be biased but I'm pretty sure she's adorable. Tonight she was so funny at dinner that in the instances when Andy and I should have been scolding her, we were laughing too hard to give her a decent reprimand. There are too many to describe so I will relate my favorite instance. Toward the end of the meal during what one would think would be the beginning of the fidgets (Alas, no. She began fidgeting before the drinks arrived) she was giving us a hard time because we, the tyrants that we are, were asking her to stop straddling the booth railing while greeting everyone that went past on their way out of Chili's. "Hewwo. Hewwo." She either has a great career as a flight attendant or if the movie watching continues at this break-neck pace, she has a future as a film critic. Andy told her, in his "tough dad" voice, to "sit down and stop wiggling!" She followed his instructions physically but it was easy to see that her heart was not in it. She screwed up her face, pulled her knees up to her chest and blew raspberries in Andy's general direction. Normally this would have elicited a stern talkding-to. However at the exact moment of blowing raspberries, Emma also farted. Yep, my cute little angel farted. In a restaraunt. While defying her father. What could I do? I burst out laughing. There was no controlling it. The thing that made it even funnier was that apparently the fart surprised Emma herself. She immediately dropped her knees as if shot and her little mouth formed an O. Of course, since I was laughing, I had to turn away - so it was even more crucial for her next comment to be extremely loud so that she made sure I could hear her. "Mama, I need to go poo poo in the potty!" Brilliant. Fantastic. After the tears of laughter cleared enough from my eyes that I could walk her into the bathroom, she continued to wiggle while on the commode. This particular bathroom was equipped with self-flushing toilets. Emma was wiggling so much that she continuously set off the flush - 6 flushes to be exact. And her mouth kept returning to that O shape from the booth. I was just about delirious with laughter. Ahh, parenting.
Emma is sufficiently potty-trained. (Lisa, I never thought it would happen but you were right. One day she just got it.) She is excited about the move. I am fairly confident that these two things mixed together could cause a back-slide of epic proportions that will involve lots of soiled clothing our first week in Florida. Here's crossing my cyber-fingers that I'm wrong.
We are no closer to being completely packed than we were last week. At this point, I despair that it will ever happen. Hopefully, I will be more motivated next week when the moving van is mere days away. My kitchen cabinets loom before me like my own Herculean task.
On that note, I will close. I'm babbling. It's been a great Father's Day and as of today, Andy and I have been married 7 years. Which means we've been together 11 years. Whoa - this is starting to get serious.
1 comment:
Praise Marriage and MotherHood. God is so good. Just remember you are beautiful and I thank God for giving me you who loves my son and has given me a perfect baby to love, love, love. I love you, Reagan and of couse, I love Andy.
Post a Comment