Huzzah! The closing went through today without a hitch. We met the "buyers". There was no 3rd eye nor any hairy, unfortunately placed mole as one might expect from would-be extortionists. They seemed very nice - the type of people we might actually be friends with if we weren't moving 5+ states away. Creepy karmic facts: (1) they have 2 cats (2) their check number for their earnest $ was 2114 (our address) (3) today was her birthday - I guess it really was meant to be. It only took about 3 minutes of conversation to realize that it was their realtor who is the real ghoul. I shall not even grace her with an insult - it's not worth it.
A thousand thank-yous to our realtor, Chris. He put up with a lot - considering A's persistently pessimistic outlook. A gujabillion and one thanks to Jessica for still being my friend after all of this. I promise that there will be no more realty-based phone calls. At least not until next weekend when we start looking for a house in FL. Jess, I am instructing you now to slap me - hard - if A or I try to do anything to our potential "sellers" that resembles what has made us so mad. I'm not sure how you'll slap me from 3 hours away, but you have my permission - I'll be in LR for a while in June. Catch me if you can. Now we get to fly (terror) to FL and spend some money on a new house. Yippee!
1 comment:
Woo hooie! Congrats!
No thanks needed. I'm your pal. It's my job. : )
Oh, and I could find a way to slap you...
Post a Comment