Jackson has entered the stage during which it is IMPOSSIBLE to eat out at any restaurant without a play-place. He will not sit still for more than 10 minutes. I realize that this 10 minutes far outstrips anything E was able to accomplish at this age, but it is still aggravating. He sat in a booster seat for the first time tonight (instead of the institutional, wooden high-chair) and enjoyed the 2.7 minutes of novelty and then was just as wiggly as ever.
He also is just as entranced by movies as his sister. So, tonight, I did it. I took the DVD player with us to dinner. In addition, I packed the child-size headphones and my iPod with earbuds just in case (read: when) Emma became jealous. We were at Chili's with both of our children plugged into electronic devices. They were quiet, still and Andy and I got to eat our dinner without threatening spankings and/or yelling at one or both of the children.
I was THAT parent tonight, and I'm totally OK with it.
2 comments:
They were happy, you were happy. Sounds pretty good to me. whatever works. BRAVO!
I thought you were going to say that you let your kids scream and run around like crazy. I applaud your ingenuity!
Post a Comment