The kids are in AR with the grandparents! I would like to whole-heartedly thank our parents and my sister for making this happen. Just take a moment and let that sink in. We have been in Tallahassee for 3 years and this is the first time we have been alone in this house. It's weird. So, we've had lots of free time to fill for the past 2 days. Yesterday I went to work out and then HAD A MASSAGE. Wow. Then we went out to celebrate Andy completing his preliminary exams for his PhD. He is so relieved and I know he passed with flying colors. But we also didn't have to worry about coming home at a particular time or remembering to stop and get cash to pay the sitter. Excellent.
Today WE SLEPT IN. Again, let that percolate for a second. We slept until 9. Andy actually got up at 545 and then CAME BACK TO BED. Remarkable. We went to the gym and had a lunch that involved AN ACTUAL CONVERSATION. You know, where he asks a question and I answer it without an extended interlude of child-related static.
Now we're watching the USA/England game BECAUSE WE CAN. And also because we both like soccer. But we can actually watch the game because no one needs a diaper change or is requesting that we play Princess Crazy 8's. It's glorious.
We're starting to pack for the Mexico trip. I spent some time going through our closet after lunch before the game started. My husband owns 57 shirts. Fifty. Seven. After weeding out the 15 that he never wears or are faded/grungy looking, I started mentally cataloging what he has that we can take with us to Mexico. We'll be shopping a little this afternoon. Which we will be able to do WITHOUT A STROLLER OR A TRIP TO THE 25 CENT KIDDIE RIDES. (Although, admittedly, Andy does love the helicopter.)
Thank goodness for family who are willing to keep our babies to give us some sanity. (Also, do you see what I'm doing? I'm blogging in a continuous stretch of time in which all my thoughts seem to make sense and flow because I haven't been interrupted nine times to help a child open his light-saber.) We love Grandma & Grandpa and Mimi & Papa dearly. Hope you are having fun because Andy and I are loving it. (We do miss our babies, just not enough to have them home yet. ;)
1 comment:
Yep, you guys get some peace and quiet and we get to be real GRANDPARENTS. a WIN-WIN situation.
Post a Comment