Having been a Harry Potter fan for years (I distinctly remember waiting in line for my copy of Prisoner) and a Twilight fan since the first book was IN HARDBACK, I choose to take issue with 4 phenomenon (which are listed here in no particular order).
* I cannot stand people who say they knew what was going to happen in the HP books all along. They are liars and as such should be subjected to one or more of Filch's desired punishments.
* The "bandwagon books" that have cropped up surrounding both aforementioned series are pathetic.(that's right, I used "aforementioned" in my blog, people.) You are not J.K. Rowling or Stephenie Meyer or Neil Gaiman so GIVE IT UP.
*Screaming at a movie premier or book signing or TV interview is just embarrassing for all of us who are true fans. Get control and stop yourself. BTW - Robert Pattison is not really Edward and Dan Radcliffe is not really Harry. Rob cannot (nor will he) bite you and Dan cannot send you a Howler for your birthday so GET OVER YOURSELF.
* Why must I be considered a "Twilight Mom" purely because of my age? I was reading these books when some of the girls where in grammar school. I am officially offended by the term and will be sending around a strongly worded letter (right, Thursday girls?) with an accompanying petition to ban the term shortly.
Discuss.
1 comment:
It's nice to know you haven't changed much. I found your blog via a blog rabbit trail. Anywho...your still too cute and so is your family! I'll be checking in and reading more when I'm not so fat that the chair cuts off the blood to my legs (35wks prego). Hope all is well.
Post a Comment