Inaugural ride: 4 house-lengths down our street. We didn't even make it to the stop sign at the far end. Some of our neighbors who also have a 4 year old boy were outside when we rode by and, of course, Emma insisted on stopping to play. But I did make it to the neighbor's house and back without embarrassing myself. It only gets better from here!
Monday, November 10, 2008
New Bike!
I've been talking about getting a bike since we moved to Tallahassee. I wanted to start riding since it's such nice weather here for most of the year. I was going to get one last summer but then we were pleasantly surprised with Jackson. Since it was too freakin' hot during my 1st trimester and not recommended after that, we put off the purchase. I think Andy thought it would be a passing fancy but sadly (for him) I remembered. Which was a good thing since Emma has become a speed-demon on her bike. We can't keep up with her anymore unless we jog or all-out run next to her so getting a bike was really the better choice than following her in the car. Andy plans to get one too and we've even purchased a trailer for Jackson. (We're going to try and put that together on our Veteran's Day holiday from school tomorrow.) But here's the bike I bought.
It's a TREK 3700 Mountainbike. Admittedly I was nervous when I went to the bike shop and they told me I had to ride one or two to check the fit. I hadn't ridden a bike since middle school - maybe once in high school. Fortunately, it's true what they say - you never forget how to ride a bike. Not that I was showing great form there in the parking lot doing laps around the building. Shaky? Yes. Terrified I would fall on my ass? You betcha. Horrified to find out the owner of the bike shop has a daughter at Lincoln? Need I say more... But, 6 laps on 3 different bikes and no falls later - I came home with a bike.
Inaugural ride: 4 house-lengths down our street. We didn't even make it to the stop sign at the far end. Some of our neighbors who also have a 4 year old boy were outside when we rode by and, of course, Emma insisted on stopping to play. But I did make it to the neighbor's house and back without embarrassing myself. It only gets better from here!
Inaugural ride: 4 house-lengths down our street. We didn't even make it to the stop sign at the far end. Some of our neighbors who also have a 4 year old boy were outside when we rode by and, of course, Emma insisted on stopping to play. But I did make it to the neighbor's house and back without embarrassing myself. It only gets better from here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment