In other news, Jackson did great today at his first day at Lincoln High School! I was a wreck after I dropped him off. He was asleep and I had visions of him waking up and being terrified b/c he didnt recognize anyone around him. After a tearful 10 minute phone call to Mom, I was back under control and ready to face my classroom. I had nothing planned which my kids seemed to enjoy and they mostly seemed genuinely happy to have me back. I put a note on the board reading, "I don't want to hear anything about Mrs. Campbell. It's in the past - get over it." That seemed to curb the complaining. Pumping went well (as well as it can in a portable building with no running water) and overall it was a good day. I can't say I am happy to be back at work but it is tolerable. After all, it's only 8 weeks. Eeek.

Exciting "materialistic" news. I just received my early, early, early birthday present from my sister. It's this fantastic clutch/wallet from Abas. Take a look if you're interested. She had one when she was visiting in February and I fell in love with it. I'm not much of a purse girl anymore (kiddos will do that to you) so I've been carrying an over-the-shoulder (OVTS) purse to keep my hands free. Now that I've got this beautiful thing, I can throw it in the diaper bag or my school bag or back into the OVTS purse if I'm by myself (right, when would that happen?). Leanne gave me the full-frame clutch in red croc leather. It's to-die-for. They have lots of fun colors and other fun items besides wallets as well. Thanks a heap, Leanne. I love it!
1 comment:
I am so glad your first day back was not TOO terrible! I know how hard it is to leave your teeny tiny baby with perfect strangers, especially if they are asleep! It does get easier, though. Hang in there!
Post a Comment