You know the expression "When it rains, it pours"? Well that's true in several ways at our house.
#1 - It is actually raining and has been raining since early Saturday morning around 3:00 AM. I know this b/c I was up - feeding the baby.
#2 - Andy is in the last 2 weeks of his school with 3 presentations, 2 papers, 1 take-home final, and about 23 books to read. I'm not joking, the stack of books is 2 1/2 feet tall.
#3 - I go back to work tomorrow for the 1st time in 8 weeks. (Sob.)
#4 - Our home could be declared a FEMA emergency zone. Dishes in the sink, goup in the bathrooms, detretis on the hardwood floors, 2 loads of unfolded laundry in the closet, all the beds are unmade, etc.
NOW, let's add in the fun stuff.
Emma is running 102+ fever (again) AND throwing up! It was sticky and blue-ish b/c she had a package of Nemo fruit-snacks at 7:30 this morning. Yippee.
Zoey joined the vomit-parade about 30 minutes ago with a gigantic hairball. Where? On top of the fridge, of course. Picture me perched atop a kitchen chair with Lysol wipes. Humorous? - Yes, in about 2 weeks.
Jackson is eating every 2 1/2 hours - baby growth spurt - but otherwise perfect in every way.
Max is tracking in exorbitant amounts of litter and depositing them on the KITCHEN TABLE b/c it is 96% humidity today and his brain is the size of a large peanut M&M and he can't get it that the table is not his bed.
So, if I can get everything ready to go back to work tomorrow - it will be a medium sized miracle. Stay tuned - I'm sure thatAndy & I will have contracted whatever vomit-inducing bug Emma is carrying by mid-week. The fun continues b/c I have no more sick-leave so I'll be heading to work with a 2 month old infant and trying not to puke on my sophomores. Although, now that I think about it, it might make them behave better if there's the imminent threat of being horked on if they tick me off. Hmmm.
1 comment:
Thinking of you today!
Post a Comment