I'm feeling a little lonely today. We've been here for 2+ months now and I still really don't know anyone well enough to feel like I could hang out with them. I miss my Thursday friends and my Southwest buddies. Maybe I'll have to start a Thursday group myself. I like some of the people at work but I feel weird saying, "Hey, you wanna go hang out?" Several of them usually go out on Fridays after work but I've not been invited yet and I'm not ready to be THAT girl who invites herself. It seems a little clique-ish but that could just be my paranoia. Perhaps they haven't invited me because I'm pregnant. Yeah, that's it. They don't want to promote fetal-alcohol syndrome.
I was excited about getting involved in an Arkansas Alumni group but we just found out that they don't have one in Tallahassee. We were super-bummed. Andy said it would be easy to start one but I'm not up for that challenge on top of new job and new baby. The chick that lives across the street seems cool but she works weird hours. Basically I'm just feeling sorry for myself - mostly because it's Friday and I'm hanging out with my kid - again. The weird thing is that in Fayetteville, neither Andy nor I went out a lot. I guess it was just that we had the option to do so that makes it seem different now. Plus, Andy's out with some people from his cohort at FSU. They had a writing eval today and decided to go out afterwards.
OK, pity-party over. A few other notes of interest. We have been beset by frogs. They are invading the house in droves. So far we've thrown 12 outside. Sometimes they're close to death and brownish - other times they're still freshly green and moist. Andy thinks he's figured out where they're getting in and has sealed it. We'll see if that stops them. If not, we'll have to reconsider what the causes might be for Biblical-type pestilence.
Several of you have commented on the flat-screen on the wall in the kitchen that was in the pics I posted last weekend. That one came with the house, we didn't buy 2. That would just be silly. Personally, I hate it. Emma wants to watch it every time we sit down to supper. But, if we take it down, there will be a huge gaping hole in the kitchen wall. Plus, it is nice when I'm here by myself (rarely) and unloading the dishwasher or something.
The neighborhood pond has filled back up and they did some work on it. They've added 2 run-off culverts and a fountain pump. Now if they can just get the foilage to stop growing and skim the scum off the top, it'll be really pretty. The herons keep coming back to see if there're fish but they ate them all when the pond dried up in July.
Well, off to fix a corndog and some Spaghetti O's for the princess. Ahh, the life.
5 comments:
Reagan, you have never had any problem finding friends and I suspect you'll be in the groove soon. Where is Marie? Have you guys looked for church family? It is lonesome to want to hang and there is no one available. I've been lonesome since coming to AR. everyone is busy. that's why I knit and read. hope you are feeling well and love you guys.
Reagan,
We will come see you! What is wrong with those people? They don't know what they are missing by not hanging out with you. You could show them how to have a great time even when you are pregnant. By the way, I love the name Jackson. It reminds me of the song I'm Going to Jackson. I think that will be your mom's and my theme song, we're going to see Jackson, but we will have to change it a bit. We're going to see Jackson, Emma's little brother. (This is all to the tune of Johnny Cash's song)Of course, we will come see you and Andy too. We will babysit, and you two can go wild and crazy. Oh by the way, your mom and I are having a girls' night. Uncle George and Michael are giving your mom a well deserved break. Your dad is at the club championship, so we are sipping a little wine, have been to the show, and your mom showed me your blog. I really am impressed. I think your mom and I should blog. Ours would be the P&D blog, how to make the best out of what ya' got or how to be wild and crazy after the age of 54?????
Ahhh.....life is so good and getting better!!!!!!!! See what you have to look forward to. We will save our memoirs for you to edit, publish, and make a million. You may have to use it to keep us up in the nursing home.haaaaaaaa....You do realize it will be expensive, but we have just started to become uninhibited...there's just not enough time left to be inhibited, so invite yourself out to the Friday night thing and show those girls what "sistas" is all about. Have a groovy great Saturday. Love, Aunt Debbie and MOM
hey reagan, i miss my thursday girls too!! i think of you guys ALL the time even though i'm horrible at calling. i do read yours blog & jessica's daily to see if you've posted anything new so i can get a glimpse into your lives since i'm not there to share in all the things you write about...at least i have your blogs to read. they are usually very heartwarming OR i'm about to pee my pants from laughing so hard. also, survivor is starting again which was really our original reason for our thursday gatherings, that makes me miss you guys even more!! well i hope to see you guys eventually, we are heading to KC mid-october for a wedding but that's the only plans to come to the mid-west for now. when is that girls vacation again? by the way, love the name jackson!! my nephew jackson is doing well, he's a little boy now and he's sort of bossy! hA! oh well, he's almost 3 what do you expect? well i better try and get back to bed, my mexican food woke me up so i thought to check your blogs and low and behold a message about us! :) by the way, what kind of frogs are they? tree frogs? we use to get those in FL all the time, really LOUD!!! :) miss you, emily
Rea,
Well, here it is 10 p.m. CST ahmm.. and I'm just now getting on the computer.. I hope you all (3.45) have had a great day. My phone is not dead, but I can't read the screen....hardly at all. Tipper's picture background looks like the little flea looking guy that is Rainbow Brite's buddy. I really like him, but I can't read the screen...I can get to the phonebook, but have to scroll past people's names to be able to see them, then go back. As Grandad would say, "GD, It's a helluvanote." So if I need 911 tonight, I'm in trouble. Dad is gone to Mississississi.oopps.. ippi. with Glen. So Tipper and I had salad and talked with Grandad. He lost both his hearing aides. I found them both, in the dryer, after I had washed and dried his clothes!! So he's not hearing much..
Hope this Thursday is a great day for you. Take your new Alltel phone and give all your friends a call. Chin up!?!only 30 days until crazy Mimi comes to Tallahassee, WhoooHoo!
Love to all....
Don't have anything to countdown??...only 30 days left until your you-know-whos come??? You could make it interesting..one day you're looking forward to it; the next day dreading; ect??!!! Just a suggestion for the "countdown" portion of the blog....ahmmmmm
Post a Comment