Monday, July 9, 2007
Housing update
We've found another house. It's about 6 houses down from our first try. It is the same floor plan but with better improvements (laminate floors, deck - even a cat door) and less for us (Andy) to do upon moving in. We've also found sympathetic sellers who are willing to take our price so they can close early and be rid of the house because it's been on the market for 6 months "For Sale by Owner". They just listed it last week. Apparently they've had quite a few offers already so we feel really lucky. No, Mom, I do not have any pictures. There was no time to take pictures considering the inspections, phone calls, reschedulings and praying to various dieties that we wouldn't have to live in a hotel for a month. Everything has been done, again. Now we're just waiting on the bank because, could this be easy? NO. We have to be approved - again - for our mortgage amount. Then the house has to be appraised- again - to make sure we're good for the loan. Then all the paperwork has to be processed - again - so that we can go back to the title office - again - and buy the house.The bright light in all of this is the sellers. They own the carpet cleaning company that we were going to use on the original house. So they know our situation. They are going to let us go ahead and move in because they know we are serious about buying and they are serious about selling. I will eventually take pics and post a few. Maybe I can even figure out how to post a slide show by then. However, keep in mind there will be lots of unpacking (and probably swearing) going on in the next week. Just pray that nothing goes wrong this time. We're thankful but still scared. God works mysteriously - I guess that other house wasn't for us. It's a weird way to provide protection but He knows what He's doing way better than I do. Later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OMG what a mess. I'm making a Cam voodoo doll - hope that helps. went to So many books yesterday and thought of you constantly
Post a Comment