Monday, July 9, 2007
I miss my child
Just now, my mom called to let me know that Emma is taking a bath. Bathtime is a lot of fun with Emma for several reasons the foremost being that she is completely contained. She likes taking a bath so much that she will actually sit in one place for up to 45 minutes playing with the toys and bubbles. Unheard of. When Mom called tonight I could hear Emma in the background. She was giggling and for those of you who haven't heard an Emma-giggle, it IS the most precious thing in the world. Then my mother gasped in horror (as she is wont to do in non-life-threatening situations like dropping her fork) as Emma unloaded a squirt toy in her face. The giggling multiplied as I can only assume my mother flailed and fell off the stool she was sitting on ("whump" on my end of the phone). Then Emma wanted to talk to me. "Mama, today the big doggie wouldn't bark but the little doggie barked hard at the fence. Then I walked with Mimi up the big hill. I taking a bath. I dirty. I have sweat. Bye." Just as I was about to hang up I heard her say, "I lub you Mama. I wanna call Daddy." Then the giggling and gasping started again as Emma began spraying my mother again. Normally she wiggles and twitches and bucks me so much when I try to mother her that my overriding emotion is frustration. Today, I just want to hold her so she can wiggle, twitch, buck and giggle with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment