Friday, May 11, 2007
Reality TV
I hate reality TV. Wait, "hate" is a strong word. Reality TV has never done anything to me so I have no good reason to hate it. However, now that I think about it, reality TV has done something to me. It has caused me to waste minutes, hours, possibly even days of my life. In all fairness, I don't hate all reality shows, just the shows that make me dumber. I realize that sounds silly but it happens. Who really needs to watch some D-list celebrity work his butt off to do the Cha-cha - for an hour?? Why would I want to watch people compete to be the next big movie director when so many movies out there already have enough dead-pan acting and over-acted love scenes as it is? When I watch TV I want to be entertained and distracted from my life. I don't want to be stressed out over whether or not Lisa is going to be voted off the island. I don't want to pick the next pop star with my phone. So I say: vote everyone off, FIRE them all, offer them the final DEAL - I'm tired of TV producers' laziness being passed off as "good TV". Get a brain, write an interesting script, make people think. Most of us get enough reality as it is. End of rant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment