This weekend is it! Yes, after this weekend, there will be no doubt that I am officially obsessed with books. Not just any books: books about vampires. To clarify, books about a girl in love with a vampire who lives with a family of other vampires. I have read them and reread them and reread them. I have logged on to the author's website (Stephenie Meyer - she's listed here, too). Not only am I obsessed with these books, I am converting others. So far, Mary Kathryn, Courtney, Courtney's sister and countless students are members of the fold. (No Mom, it's not a cult and just because vampires appear in the book does not mean I'm getting ready to join Wicca and drink the Kool-aid.)
The thing that is so ridiculous - I am unbelievably excited about going to this thing. So is MK. We are excited like a jr. high girl gets excited about the new Lindsay Lohan movie. There are a myriad of reasons to be excited, not the least of which being that we get to have a day without students. Another reason: I get to spend time with MK. Yet another reason: I'll get to meet the author of some books I love. For these and other reasons that will be explained, my husband has dubbed this event: The Nerd Prom. MK's husband gleefully jumped on board. All I have to say is - if this is Nerd Prom, then just for the weekend, bring on the pocket-protectors and high-waters. I'm lovin' every minute of it.
To celebrate the release of the 3rd book in the series, the author is holding an event - in Tempe, AZ. Yes, in answer to your question, I am going - going with MK. Of course we are going together, we are basically the same person. The event is a... prom. That's right, you heard me, it's a prom. In the first book of the series, Twilight, the main characters attend prom at the end of the book. So, every time the author has an event related to her books, she throws a prom. Ergo - MK and I are going to Eclipse prom. Yes, we will wear formalwear. Yes, we will dance. Yes, we will have our photo taken, possibly behind some beautific backdrop. No, we are not exchanging corsages. That would just be silly.
4 comments:
Nerd prom, eh? Wow, Reags, that is hard core. I say you go all in and get some flowers for your wrists... you know you wanna.
Flowers don't travel well in suitcases. Besides, she's wearing turquoise - that's impossible to match.
I think Jim and anyone else who makes fun of you and MK are just jealous. (right, Andrew???)
mom#2
Hey Mom,
That's jJm, not Jim, as in Jessica Johnston Myers. And I think she was joking . . . I'm just saying :-)
Post a Comment