Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Emma a.k.a. Bruiser

Emma-to-English dictionary translation: Mama = improvised La-Z-Boy.
I have the bruises to prove that my daughter thinks I'm a glorified couch. I suppose when she's 14 and won't even deign to visibly ride in a car with me, I will miss these dog-pile days. Right now, I just need some iron supplements and shin guards.

1 comment:

Janet Mauk said...

We have it figured out just how to keep Emma in bed at night. You need a bungee cord connected to her.

actually, having gone through the same thing with our darling daughter, Tara and not wanting to tie her into bed (something about that being illegal), I think you should stop driving yourself crazy with the fight each night, and give her the dvd player to watch until she falls to sleep.
GOOD LUCK!!!

as far as her beating you up, I don't believe that....remember, she is the most perfect child. Mom #2