Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Lots of houses and bodily fluids.

After 3 full days of the ultimate episode of House Hunters, 40+ houses and just enough beer to get me on and off the planes, I think we've found a house. If you go to any real estate website, you can ususally find a place to type in an MLS #. (Sometimes you have to choose to do an advanced search.) Then you can type in this MLS #167159 and you should pull up at least a outdoor photo of our potential new house, if not also several shots of the inside. It's about the same size as our current home but the washer/dryer is inside - which is fantastic. A super kitchen with 3 bedrooms and a one-car garage rounds out the ammenities. It's in a good neighborhood and not far from the university or from my potential work sites.

Tallahassee wasn't exactly what I expected but I'm not sure how to describe what I expected. The city is beautiful - lots of trees. FSU's campus is really pretty. All of the buildings look very similar in structure so there's an architectural symmetry to the campus that makes it seem as if most of the buildings are original even if they were recently added to campus. Andy's office is really nice and so are the people. We spent about an hour with them on Monday when I got finished with my interviews. I'm excited for Andy to work in such a friendly office.

My interviews went well. I was offered one job from the middle school and my interview at the public high school went well. I didn't end up meeting with the Catholic school at all. I have about a week to get back to the middle school but I'd like to hear from the high school first. Now we just wait and pray that God continues to guide our path.

We had a bit of a scare while we were away. Andy's parents took great care of E while we were gone. They handed her off to my parents on Sunday afternoon. Mom brought E back up here to F'ville on Monday. Yesterday, about noon Mom's nose started bleeding and she couldn't get it to stop. She called Dad and he headed up this direction. Meanwhile Mom headed to the emergency room after finding a friend to watch Emma. They put some weird mini-torpedo looking thing in her nose to apply pressure and administer clotting medication so the bleeding would stop. After a night on painkillers and a vomitous drive to LR, she met with an ENT doctor. He said she had not one but TWO holes in blood vessels in her sinus cavity. He cauterized them so they would stop bleeding and gave her some great pain medication. She spent the day in bed and feels like she's on the mend. It was scary what with the non-stop bleeding and all but once that was under control, I felt like it wasn't as dangerous as we had first thought. The ENT doctor said it was just bad luck that this happened. He said it wasn't anything she's done or any medicine she's taken that would have caused this. Mom sounded better on the phone this evening. Emma spent the night with a friend and probably enjoyed that more than staying home anyway. She asked me this morning if Mimi's "bad nose" was feeling better. It was a long 3 1/2 days. Going to bed.

2 comments:

Janet Mauk said...

God is Good.

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

Sweet! You found a house! that is awesome!