Monday, April 9, 2007

just when you think you're a bad parent...

Andy and I were just watching the news here in Fayetteville on Channel 7 and we saw something that I hope to never see again. I also wish that none of you will have to experience it.
The news station played a snippet of video of a father helping his daughter pull a loose tooth. HOWEVER this man needs to be sent a strongly worded letter! Are you ready?
He tied his daughter's tooth to, not a doorknob, but - wait for it - A BOW AND ARROW! He then shot said tethered-tooth ACROSS THE ROOM while someone else videotaped it standing in front of them!
This raises 2 questions for me:
#1 Who thinks "My daughter is scared to pull her tooth. I will help her by bringing a deadly weapon into the room, attaching it to part of her body and shooting said weapon"?
#2 Who thinks "This is a great idea! While my friend ties his kid to a bow and arrow, I'll get a video camera, stand in front of him and tape the entire thing. Fabulous!"
Who are these people? and WHY would you ever think this is a good idea? I will think twice about berating myself for giving Emma a time-out when she throws her toys because at least I'm not attaching her body parts to weaponry.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wait, so we're not supposed to mix parenting with weaponry?

(putting sling-shot away) . . .