So we've been here for about six weeks and I've taken great care in putting our home together. Now that Andy has a job and I have some time to concentrate, I really wanted to make the house here in NC a place that felt like me. You know how it is...you graduate from college and don't have enough money right off the bat to buy the things you really like or want. Plus you're only 22, so what the hell do you know about what you really like? Andy and I bought some great couches when we first got married and we were given an awesome mattress as a wedding present. Beyond that, everything we owned was crap. College decor leaves a little lacking in the sophistication department if you are fairly normal. Besides, money was better spent on beer and pizza, right? (Sorry, Mom.) Then we had a kid, so all our money went to her. I mean, I like her and all but when forced to choose between diapers and decorative chotchkes for the bookcases...I'm going with diapers. I'm just saying. Enter Tallahassee. We knew we were only going to be there for a few years and so the impetus to decorate the house "for real" was not there for me. And I found out I was pregnant right after we moved in. So again, diapers and baby food trump wall hangings. I know, damn the kids with the eating, right?! But now we're in NC and it looks like we might actually be here a while. And Andy has a good job. And I have some time so I've finally become a grown-up when it comes to decorating my house. Take a look at some of these pictures as proof.
This is our new playroom/sun porch. The chairs took a while to arrive but I LOVE them.
This is our new master bathroom and its accessories. We actually have counter space and drawers. Whoa.
These are the accessories I bought to decorate the kids' bathroom. I love Target.
We already had these two pictures (and the cat) but they go perfectly with the black cabinets and flooring in the kitchen (as does the black cat).
That's all I could upload for now. I'll post other pictures of the living room and bedrooms later. I have to change computers and fight with iCloud Photostream and Andy's finicky laptop. Good luck to me.










No comments:
Post a Comment