Jackson has discovered the Toy Story movies. We watched TS 1 & 2 to prepare Emma for Toy Story 3 with Aunt Tara, so J got his introduction to Buzz and Woody. Since then, we've watched part of one or the other movie almost every day to allow J his Buzz/Woody fix.
Last night, we were watching TS 2 during the part of the movie where Jessie explains why she's so bitter about Woody having an owner. That beautiful song by Sarah McLaughlin plays and you get the heart-rending montage showing Jessie's life with Emily. It is truly sad: I've cried a few times myself. When the song was over, Andy looked over and Emma was crying - hard. Big, crocodile tears falling down her face. Andy asked her what was wrong and she said, "Why didn't Emily play with Jessie anymore? Why did she give Jessie away?" It was a really touching. She snuffled and gasped for a few more minutes and said, "There are some toys in my shelves that I haven't played with in a long time. Do you think they're sad, too?"
It was pretty tough to watch. I started to tear up too. I was saddened and amazed all at the same time. I think Andy even teared up a little bit. E is really growing up. That's the first time she's ever shown an emotional reaction to a movie like that. She felt bad for Jessie and transferred that emotion to her own life. How cool is that? Not that it made her cry, but the mental process behind it. My little girl is sensitive and smart. What a blessing.
1 comment:
yep, you are all blessings. AND WE LOVE YOU ALL VERY MUCH. LIFE'S VERY SPECIAL BLESSINGS. THANK YOU, GOD.
Post a Comment