Sunday, July 25, 2010

New (school) Year's Resolution

I have been able to surf the internet more often lately. This is, in part, due to summer vacation and the fabulous camp/daycare to which I send my children to maintain their routine and my sanity. With my more leisure days, I have made a few re/discoveries: I have really funny family and friends. Reading your blogs and websites puts a smile on my face. I rediscovered The Dooce (whom I have replaced on my blog list in the side-bar). I have forgotten one of the purposes of my blog.

When I started blogging, I had two purposes: to keep family who are far away apprised of the happenings at the Mauk Ranch and to comment/observe/bitch/whine about life in general. While much of my life does concern my children, they are not 100% who I am. (Please don't put me in the same category as Ayelet Waldman. My children are a priority and I love them dearly but, they don't DEFINE me. I digress.) I have opinions and thoughts and observations outside my family life and I've been neglecting "myself", for lack of a better word.

To that end - I, Reagan Mauk, resolve to post more often and in a more varied manner. That is all.

No comments: