Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Today was a wonderful day. Andy let me sleep in, which as most of you know, is my most favorite activity besides reading. Then I got to go to a wonderful church service where Mark reminded us that God is in control. Strange that we need reminders about that but it was a good message to hear. Then I got to go spend a few hours shopping with a friend. Finally, the day was topped off with a trip to the movies with my girl. Andy doesn't really like to go to the movies as much as I do and they're too loud for J. We went to see How to Train Your Dragon which was cute. Emma and I both enjoyed it. On the way to the movie, I asked E what she and Andy did while J was napping. She said she played her video game while Andy cleaned the house. She said he cleaned the bathroom and mopped the kitchen. I said, "We have a good Daddy, don't we Emma? He cleans and cooks dinner and washes clothes. That's pretty awesome, huh?" Emma said, "Yeah, Mama, he does a good job. It's good too because you don't do those things very often." Hmmm. So, I'm teaching her well - find a man who will do these things BUT apparently I need to help out a little more so I don't give her the impression that she doesn't have to help her partner. But on second thought...maybe that's not such a bad thing?

2 comments:

Andy said...

Consider a third thought....

momipat said...

funny, wonderful.....count yourself VERY lucky!