This is going to be a random post.
Emma has begun sleepwalking. Apparently she's taking after her Mama. My own mother tells me that I suffered from this same affliction near the age of 5 as well. She emerged into the living room the other evening looking a little dazed. She wouldn't respond to questions at all and came immediately to Andy (of course). She stood next to Andy while he and I looked at each other, perplexed. Then Andy said, "Emma, let's go back to bed, baby." She nodded her head and promptly climbed into his lap, curled up and passed out. It was awesome. Since then she's acted similarly a couple of times. Last night was pretty hilarious too. Andy's been letting her watch the original Star Wars movies. She's enthralled. I guess fantasy's her thing. Last night when I went into her room in reponse to her moaning, she was standing next to her bed and she said, "Mama, tell Bobba Fett to get out of my room." Hilarious.
Speaking of enthralled, my friend Jennifer had the brilliant idea to introduce Emma to American Idol. We watched our first episode together last week. She is mesmerized. She hasn't sat that still for an extended length of time since the last time she was running a fever. Also,k she noticed things about the show that I never would have picked up. She observed that one of the contestants wasn't wearing sunglasses when the rest of them were. I (sadly) had watched that portion of the show 3 times (with Jennifer, who is self-admittedly obsessed) earlier that day. Neither of us had noticed the missing sunglasses. Then, yesterday we had a conference with Emma's school. Her evaluator told us that Emma's social and language skills were off the chart. So, acting classes appear to be in her future.
In other news, I am irrationally and unexpectedly excited about 2 upcoming movies. X Men Origins: Wolverine and Terminator Salvation. Those of you that know me are aware that these are not my normal film fare but for some reason they are intriguing to me. I'm also reading Angels & Demons in preparation for that movie. Yes, I've been told to beware the ending - that it's dumb. We'll see.
And finally, I really enjoyed writing that poem last week. I've been working on poetry with my students and writing a little. More poems to come. Stay tuned.
P.S. New school pic of E will be scanned and posted soon. She's so grown-up. I can't believe she'll be in kindergarten next year. Lisa, how did you do it?
1 comment:
i sleepwalk too. :) joel found me attempting to walk out my front door at about 3:00 am the other night (morning?). sometimes i get up around 2 and shower and get dressed for school or go around and turn on all the lights in my house...and i never remember it in the morning. :) it's good stuff.
so your poetry is beyond amazing. you should write a book. :) and you should definitely keep posting your poems.
ellenbarger
Post a Comment