Today I took time to
pause.
Just two hours instead of a
lifetime of you.
I measure it
without you in
each of my breaths,
lost hopes, and,
every day, a
pause.
Time tiptoes past without
pause.
Your unrealized possibilities are hard to ignore.
I know your eyes in the supermarket.
I hear your laugh on the playground.
I watch you stumble at Sunday school.
It gives me
pause.
They are not you.
They cannot be you.
And so I sigh,
shake my head, and
pause
before I go on my way.
I choose remembrance over remorse because
every day there will be time to
pause.
Happy Birthday, little girl. Mama misses you.
6 comments:
That is absolutely beautiful, Reagan. My heart breaks for you when I read it. Your emotion is so honest. Bless you.
love you.
We love you all. Mom and Dad
Your poem makes me weep with your breaking heart. Isabelle is beautifully embraced and held tightly by our Lord. We will see her again in all her perfection. May the Lord give you comfort, love and peace of heart. You are loved by so many and you and Andy have been in my prayers and thoughts all week, as in every day, I give thanks for you and lift you, Andy, Emma and Jackson up for protection, love, guidance and most of all happiness. love, Mom #2
Thoughts of you! Missing you all!
Wonderful! Beautiful! :O)
Post a Comment