One of my students died this weekend. He committed suicide. I am overwhelmed with sadness for his loss. Not the loss for him alone but the loss of all that he could have become. He was such a genuine, sincere kid. You don't see that much any more. He had a great sense of humor and truly wanted to do the right thing. And he was a hard worker. Another quality one doesn't see in teenagers much anymore. I don't know what happened to make him think that was the only choice and that's the part that scares me. I can't imagine what his parents are going through.
His class period was a wreck today. One of his closest friends is in the class with him and he was almost inconsolable today. I just feel helpless and wish I could give them better guidance. I'll just start with prayer and an open door.
2 comments:
I am so very sorry. I can only pray that this young man has found solace in going home to our Father. Only through God's love can we find recovery. Having experienced pain, can make us appreciate the wonder and joy and love in life. I pray that healing will come through the realization that this boy has a whole and perfect, loving life with God and no pain; a relief in departure from our earthly being. I will continue to lift you all up to the Lord and that He will embrace you and provide comfort. love, Mom #2
Oh Reagan, I am so sorry. Mrs. Mauk used the perfect words to describe my hope and thoughts in this devistating event. I will not add more words, but lots of prayer! Love ya!
Post a Comment