Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement during the last few weeks. We never could have gotten through it without all the support. And as a bonus we have a new car and a clean garage!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
We are alive!
Yes, we're back in the house. We moved back in last Wednesday. My coworkers and my new principal were kind enough to cover my classes all day so that I could stay at home, clean, and move all our junk back in from the hotel. My parents were here to help with the cleaning and moving back in. Andy's dad cut his vacation short over Labor Day to help Andy clean out the garage. We have been so blessed! So many of our coworkers and friends here in Tallahassee have offered to watch the kids, help clean up and given us food, gifts and money. I can't imagine how difficult this would have been without all their support. A couple at Lincoln who also have a son at Trojan Tots even gave us a stroller since ours was in the back of my car and was ruined. The insurance company came through on the car last week - it was totaled. Yeah! (Never thought I'd say that.) We got the check on Wednesday and had until Monday of this week to make a purchase before we had to start paying for the rental care ourselves. So, we spent last weekend marathon-car-shopping. We ended up buying a Honda C-RV and here are the pics of the new car.


There have also been some major milestones in the world o' Jackson in the past few weeks. He can sit up on his own now and he has the beginnings of a tooth. It's a tiny little nubbin that's finally poked through. There was only a day or so of crankiness so all in all it worked out well. I'll take a photo of the tooth when it's a little more than a crack in his gums. He is exactly 7 months old today. Whoa. How does it go by so fast? He's healthy and loves Emma. He wants to chase her so badly. He can army-crawl and will probably be crawling before we know it. He already likes to stand up so he might even walk before he crawls!

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement during the last few weeks. We never could have gotten through it without all the support. And as a bonus we have a new car and a clean garage!
Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement during the last few weeks. We never could have gotten through it without all the support. And as a bonus we have a new car and a clean garage!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
You know, it kind of looks like a minivan.
~Andy
I think Andy will be sleeping on the couch tonight.
bad, bad andy!
I think we should call it the "mini-truck". What do you think? Mimi
or the "mini-SUV"???
I'm just gonna start calling it the "sorta". You know, like my Explorer is "the truck", and the CR-V is "the sorta." Within 3 days, that's what Emma will call it, forever reminding Reagan that it "sorta" looks like a minivan.
I have few joys in life. Picking on my wife is one of them. Please let me enjoy it. :-)
Does "sorta" look like a mini-van! Sorta it is! Love it! Mimi
Whatever it is, those pics make me want to ride in it, and squeeze little Jackson. I need to come visit!
Miss you guys, but glad things are looking up!
reagan, i always knew you were a mini van girl. i am sure you look great in it. i just don't know why you took so long to finally get one. maybe next time you can think about a small suv....ha ha
love you,
dad
I'm so so glad you guys are back up and running - I am loving the CRV, we have Toyota's version and Stephen calls it my glorified station wagon. Either way it's the perfect little ride!
Love Lots,
Gina and Co.
Post a Comment