Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom #2.

Today is my mother-in-law's birthday. Just wanted to note it since I'm spending some downtime here appreciating the silence in my living room. I have pics and video of the kids to load but I don't have the energy. The weekend was draining for reasons I won't go into to avoid embarrassing myself and others but suffice it to say it was not very restful. Now it's back to the daily routine. I will say that Janet (mom-in-law) would be proud of me for my actions, or lack thereof, this very afternoon. When I got home from work/school, there were dishes in the sink, clothes to be folded, beds to be made and a floor to be swept. I did none of it. I sat on the floor and played with my adorable little boy while I waited for his father and sister to get home. It was just lovely. He had a grand time smacking me in the face with a babywipe while I willingly took the abuse because it made him laugh so hard that I could see his two itty teeth while he was laughing and dripping blobs of drool on the floor. I gladly mopped up the drool-trail and eventually put him in the playpen so I could vacuum. (The floor was a bit gross.) Then we hung out banging on the window as Emma and Andy pulled up in the driveway. It was a great afternoon and the floor got vacuumed after all. All of that to say this: Janet always tells me to play with my babies and worry about the rest later. I'd say she's got the right idea. Hope you had a great day, Mom #2. Love you. (I really will post the pics and videos tomorrow.)

1 comment:

Janet Mauk said...

Finally found my password. What a lovely present you gave me. Yes, the joy of playing with your chidren will always surpass doing dirty dishes. Your babies are so precious and wonderful. We love this blog and enjoy the movies. thank you for making my son happy and giving us two beautiful grandchildren. You are a special woman, indeed. Mom #2