Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hot and stuff...

So I'm sitting in my kitchen waiting for THE phone call. You know. The one where you've called the ________ repairman and he's supposed to call you before he shows up. The receptionist (who usually has a name like Candy or Wanda) assures you that he'll call somewhere between 9 and 12. Great, that's helpful. BECAUSE I HAVE 3 HOURS TO SIT ON MY ASS AND WAIT FOR GERALD TO SHOW UP AND PICK HIS TEETH WHILE HE TELLS ME IT WILL COST $300 TO FIX MY AIR CONDITIONER. Let's review for those of you who just joined our show. Last night at kiddo bedtime (circa 8:30) Andy went for the extra toilet paper in the utility closet in the hall. (Not glamorous, the toilet paper bit, I know.) What should he find but water collected on the floor and dripping from our A/C unit. Have I mentioned that SATAN LIVES HERE!? It is so freakin' hot here. It's in the 90s by 10:00 every day and at least 75% humidity if not higher each day too. So, hanging out without A/C is not on my list of things to do. Plus, I'm supposed to take the cats to the vet this morning which, I'm sure, is when the repair-guy will magically appear. Either way - this is not fun. J and I are about to kittie-wrestle the felines into their carriers so we can head to the vet for their shots. After that, I plan on staying away from the house in air conditioned establishments like Target and Kohl's until said repair dude shows up. The cats may have to hang with us in the car. Who knows? We could all be sleeping at the La Quinta tonight. I'll let you know. But, do not despair - there are kid videos. Enjoy. Just like her Uncle Jay: quoting movies already. For those of you who don't speak Emma, here's the transcript.
"Look at this thing! Mom and Dad are gonna kill me! And I can tell you this, it's not gonna be done with mercy." The reason she's covering his face is because the character smacks himself in the forehead and drags his hands down his face while he's talking. If you haven't seen Meet the Robinsons it's worth a look. The second video is Emma and Jackson having tummy-time. Emma likes to lay with him on the play-gym. Pretty stinkin' cute.

Here's the tummy time video. Damn cat.

1 comment:

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

... it's not gonna be done with mercy...

bwaaa ha ha haaa!!

and the ac situation, so very sorry! our broke last week. it was two days or pure agony. i hate summer.