Jackson rolled over last night! Granted no one actually saw him do this, and I'm not sure he was even aware that it had happened, but he did it nonetheless. At about 4am, I heard J yelling from his crib. I don't mean whimpering or fussing like he does when he's hungry - he was really yelling. (BTW - for those of you keeping score, he's still not sleeping through the night. He's going about 7 hours consistently from 8:00ish until 3am. I tried to adjust his sleep schedule so that he would do the 7 hours from 11 until 6am but it failed miserably. By waking him up at 11 to feed him again, I just lost the solid 7 hours. Then he woke up every 4 or so. Needless to say, we've gone back to the solid 7 hours beginning around 8 or so. I just have to make myself go to bed earlier. Which obviously I am NOT doing tonight. But I digress.) I padded down the hallway into his room and found him lying on his belly...with his face smushed into the bumper pads. I would have yelled too! I rolled him over onto his back and he immediately went back to sleep. So - milestone accomplished sans witnesses. Oh well, he still has to do it again while we're watching in order for it to be real.
In other news, as my friend Emily discovered at one point, our daughter is probably watching too much TV. Last night when she was asking for dessert, Andy said, "What's the Magic word?" Emma's response? "Arriba!" Thank you, Dora, for reminding us that censorship was invented by parents not to deprive children but to keep adults sane. That is all.
No comments:
Post a Comment