Saturday, May 24, 2008

New hairdos, sleep teases, etc.

Emma and I have rediscovered the braid. Emma calls it "the braided". I have a feeling she will live in "the braided" or in dogears all summer long. She refused a head-shot for this photo. All I could willingly get was "the braided". If you look closely you can see that she is still covering her face, just in case I tried to be sneaky and whip around her hunched back to get her face in the picture.

So right after the boy rolled over in the middle of the night the next night, HE SLEPT ALL NIGHT LONG. This, apparently, was just ONE BIG SLEEP TEASE because he hasn't done it since. But, like my dad used to say when he finally saw you hit a good shot, "Now I know you can do it so there are no excuses!" This phrase has little to no effect on the boy because he is still calling for the milk wagon around 2 or 3 in the AM. Right now, as you can see, he is happily swinging away in dreamland. In fact, this photo was taken mid-swing; pretty darn good if I say so myself. I take back every mean thing I ever thought or said about people that have "swung" their babies to sleep. It's not a regular occurrence in our house but sometimes it must be done.

Doesn't your nephew look cute in his gorilla-wear, Tara!

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Oh, he's a little "Andy." Can't wait to see him in a month or so! L

ldck said...

Oh, the second child! If the swing is what it takes, we go for it, right! He is adorable and Emma too, of course! Miss you all!

Lisa