Yesterday was Isabelle's birthday. She would have been 2. It seems incredible to me that it was 2 years ago. I never manage to post things on the day they actually happen but I was thinking about her all day. The good news is that my heart is healing. I think Jackson has helped with that a lot along with a lot of prayer. I still don't understand why we didn't get to keep her but God is working on me to accept it anyway. At least I know He's taking care of her and that yesterday the angels all had a huge blowout party in her honor. Thanks to all the family and friends who called and emailed to check on us.
The other thing that gives me strength is knowing that where she is, she's perfect. And that I'll get to see her again. Time is strange. I feel like that part of my life was a bad dream, almost as if it happened to someone else. But God is good and he comforts my broken heart and mends it a little each day with Emma's curiosity and Jackson's grin. And He has given me 2 beautiful, intelligent children - perfect children - to love and teach. And for all of that, including Isabelle's short life, I am grateful.
I Corinthians 10:13
"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."
3 comments:
God comforts us all. I love you so much. MOM
The strength and comfort of our faith is so important. I know that God will continue to heal you and bless your family. You all are an amazing family, a great example to many. We think and pray for you all on this day, and many others. Miss you! Lisa
Just wanted you to know that Matt and I were thinking about you, Andy and Emma. Love, Leanne
Post a Comment