As most of you who read the blog are living north of us, I bring you greetings from sunny FL. Actually, today, it is slightly overcast, possibly drizzly FL. However, yesterday, I determined that we have moved to, and now reside in, Wet Hell. It's mid-October, closing in on the end of October and yesterday it was 84 degrees with 94% humidity. Yep, you heard me - 94%. That means that we were a mere 6% away from SWIMMING to work. Mom called yesterday afternoon and said that it was in the 40s in Little Rock and raining. She was in pants and long sleeves and had the heater blasting on her cold tootsies. At that exact moment in time, I was wearing a jean skirt, a sleeveless top, no shoes and sitting underneath the ceiling fan going full blast. This place is a little better than an inhabited swamp.
Last night Emma, I and the neighbors carved pumpkins. Actually, our neighbor Jeanie and I carved pumpkins while Emma and her son scampered around the yard and played in the pumpkin guts we were skillfully removing. The rest of the carving went about the same way. We carved, they gamboled around us. Finally got her in bed around 8:45 - which is a bit late for her. As she wiggled and twisted in the bed, doing her impression of a 3 year old Neo impersonator from The Matrix, I told her if she would be still and let her arms, legs, and belly rest, she would feel better. That's when I was informed, "No, Mama. It's just my eyes and my face that are tired. That's all." Right. I forgot.
1 comment:
Been there, done that! The "Wet Hell" that is! A fourth of the reason I'm back in AR!
Glad to hear things are going well with baby boy and that Emma is, well, Emma! Sounds like she and Ella would get a long well.
I'm at the end of this world wind tour of TX and AR and celebrating a 2nd birthday...I'll call soon!
Post a Comment