Friday, July 20, 2007

Going once, going twice, SOLD!

We finished the paperwork this morning so we officially own the house we've been living in for a week. Since yesterday was Emma's birthday, we told her we'd buy her a house. She was super excited about that. "Yeah! I want a house. Thanks Mama!" Today at the title office, she told us we needed to go "pay" for "her" house.

We are also having the refrigerator fixed today and our kitchen table is supposed to be delivered today. In fact, he just drove up. So, things are coming together. (You realize I've now cursed us.)

Emma's birthday was fun but pretty low-key. Since we had her party before we left Fayetteville, she had time with her friends before we moved away. Yesterday we took her to a local park. Then we came home, had lunch and made birthday cookies. After dinner, we went to get ice cream but she was pooped by then and only ate about 3 or 4 bites. She is super excited to be 3. Apparently being 3 puts you in charge because she told Andy and I several times yesterday, "Now I in charge, Mama." Really. We'll see about that. "Well, probally Mama I need to be in charge cuz I three." Well, 'probally' that's a bad idea. 3 year olds have never been known for their sound judgement and frugal planning. I'll let you all know how it works out.

We're going to have to get used to the hotness here. By 9:30 yesterday morning, it was already 90 degrees outside. We just can't hardly be outside between about 11:00 and 4:00. Thankfully our house faces east so we don't get the hot afternoon sun like we did in F'ville. Plus, we've got lots of trees in the backyard so Emma's swingset and most of the backyard is in the shade in the afternoon.

Now if we can just get used to the idea that we are really staying, that would be good.

No comments: