Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Monastic oaths and such.

I firmly believe that I need to take a monastic oath and rid myself of all earthly belongings. There are 3 reasons for this: (1) I am packing boxes of things that I'm relatively sure I've never seen before neither did I purchase these items. (2) We are running out of boxes. (3) I already have 3 scars from the damn tape gun. The teeth on that bad boy are vicious and there's nothing worse than a tape-gun cut. It's like a paper-cut on steriods. Who brings his friends. And his friends are rowdy and angry-drunk. For those of you that don't know, a tape-gun cut is inflicted when one's fingers come in contact with the sharply serrated, in-line teeth that cuts off the tape. I realize that the whole idea behind a tape-gun is that one's fingers do not have to get involved in the taping but sometimes the tape won't separate like it's supposed to so one must help it along. Then the tape will demonically eject itself from the gun, causing a ricochet that sends the tape-gun hurtling violently into one's fingers, slicing 3-4 parallel lines into the flesh. Again, OUCH!

In seriousness though, I am pledging to collect LESS stuff. I refuse to have cabinets full of crap that I don't use. I also pledge to organize my kitchen in a less labor-intensive fashion (Trevisone, I have so much to learn from you). T-minus 6 days and counting till it all has to be in a box. Here's hoping I can do these things, then get all my boxes unpacked, keep my child potty-trained and maintain my sanity - all before I start my new job on Aug. 13.

No comments: