Saturday, May 12, 2007
Another Kind of Green a la John Mayer
By the way...I don't know how many of you read John Mayer's blog, but not only is he an astounding musician, he's got some pretty good ideas too. His newest idea is to go "light green" or phase himself into being an environmentalist. For more info read his blog - listed on the sidebar to the left. But the thing I wanted to mention was this - he's developing a reusable shopping bag kit to help do away with all those plastic Wal-Mart-bag-type things clogging up our trash (not to mention the space underneath our kitchen sinks. C'mon, you know that's where you put yours too.) Anyway - I'm totally on board with this. In fact, I even sent an email to Wal-Mart several weeks ago suggesting something similar. They are such a huge retailer that if they at least went back to paper bags, it would make such a positive impact on our environment, not to mention the retail world. People watch Wal-Mart - others would go to paper bags too. Anyway, just something for you to think about. It would be a small change either way: using paper bags or using reusable shopping bags made of cloth or nylon. I'm all for it. Can't wait for a product to come out. Until then I'll ask for paper bags, even though they don't give you the option anymore. Hey, there's gotta be something left for E and her kids too, you know?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment