Sunday, April 8, 2007

Pant Rant & Post-Easter Purge

This title applies in two ways. I've eaten so much over this weekend, that I wish I could purge up the calories. (Damn the jar of M&M's at the shower, right Leanne?) Also, it's been so long since I've been able to post that I have a lot to say.

Pant Rant: What the heck is wrong with America's Children's retailers? All I wanted was a plain pair of khaki capris and a pair of denim capris. Is that so difficult? APPARENTLY IT IS. All of the denim I've seen has some type of embroidery or lacing. I don't want butterflies or flowers or shooting stars emblaizoned across my 2 year old's rear. Neither do I want to pay $40+ for a plain pair of pants that will be demolished by the dirt-pit that is E's daycare playground. (No, Mom, I haven't been to Kohl's!) Not to mention that toddlers are not preteens. There is no reason to have phrases like "tasty" or "more naughty than nice" logo-ed on T-shirts. They're growing up too fast as it is, why start the trashiness before the ripe old age of 5?

Also, why is it that when one decides to move, the move and not personal intrinsic motivation, is what motivates us to change/improve/clean our own homes they way they should be to begin with? My house looks fabulous - and we're not even completely finished preparing for having the house shown. Of course, something must break when you are preparing for a move. This afternoon, our stereo system made a loud popping noise and now it will not work at all, no matter what we're trying to do: radio, movie, CD. Brilliant. I guess we can go ahead and pack it up. By the time we get it fixed, it will be time to move. Keep your fingers crossed that that's the last major item that breaks on us.

We're moving along down the move-to-another-state path. The house goes on the market next week and I'm slowly but surely getting my resume finished and ready to send out. I told Emma we were moving today and she said. "OK, Mama. I will take a trip with you and Daddy." I guess that's as close as we're gonna get. Good luck to all of us.

1 comment:

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

Every time we move we make a point of totally revamping the house. Then we swear we will actually do all of the projects when needed and obsessively clean the next house. Then we move in and life hits. When we eventually move, the cycle starts again. Bleh. Enjoy living in the nicest house in the world, even if it's only temporary.